Guru Header

Memoirs of a Lunatic

The title almost says it all. I'm a little insane, like all folks, and I'm just putting down what I think about. Maybe some of it is funny, maybe some of it isn't. Just come read and find out for yourself.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Days Later In Gotham City

Wow, it has been over 3 whole weeks since I last posted. I feel so good!!! Not much has changed for me, so if I had been posting this whole time, they would have been hecka boring!

My job paid for me to go to Cedar Point with a few other co-workers to take some clients who really wanted to go. That rocked.

My fantasy baseball team is in first place. I think it is just cuz I work harder, I can't be THAT much smarter ;-)

I just got an email from Netflix today that they are automatically lowering the rate on my plan. In addition, I can watch 14 hours of movies and TV episodes instantly on my PC each month - for no additional charge. Bargain central, baby!

I'm working on a big project at work, integrating this one product into our company's product. I made a big breakthrough yesterday and everyone is pretty happy. Let's hope I keep at the continued success so I stay in the good graces!

Lastly, I also had a terrific adventure with my car. My serpentine belt broke while I was doing my killer commute. So, I'm stuck. I go to make a call, cell phone is out. I forgot to pay the bill. With Sprint, I could call only Sprint while my service was out and I figured Cingular/New AT&T would be the same. I would just call, pay the bill, and make my calls. No such luck.

So, I have to walk to the next exit (and cross the 4 lane freeway to get off). I hoof it about a mile before a nice man pulls over and drives me to a gas station. Additionally, he lets me use his cell phone to call someone from work to come get me. I had to leave a message and pray they were sending help.

After waiting 45 minutes, someone did come and I got to work. That evening, when I went to take care of my car, I found it had been towed. What the deuce!!! There was a car a mile south of mine that was there for the two days prior (and remained there for a few more going forward!). So, I ended up having to pay to get it out of impound. Sucked.

My friend had AAA and had it towed to his place, where one of my co-workers in their carpool would take a look at it Monday. That was the plan, anyway. Turned out my co-worker was there using the other guy's (also a co-worker) pool at his apartment complex, so he just volunteered to fix it there.

It took us a while, but we got it done for the cost of the belt (and dinner for the amateur mechanic and his girlfriend). Car runs like a champ now. Except for no A/C (but that hasn't been working for months).

I need a new car...

4 Comments:

At 6/28/2007 3:50 PM, Blogger loelsh said...

No a/c and that creaking sound. Yeah, a new car would be nice. A new van would be nice too. Maybe we should just get your a/c fixed and find out what the creaking sound is all about?? That may or may not be cheaper.

 
At 6/30/2007 4:25 PM, Blogger Jemmers said...

What an icky day!! Thank the Lord for some good friends and some kind strangers!! :)

 
At 7/07/2007 4:49 PM, Blogger Trinity13 said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

 
At 7/08/2007 7:24 PM, Blogger Guru said...

Lo: Probably will be cheaper, but a lot less fun!!!

Jemmers: No doubt. I had no idea how I was going to get my butt across those 4 lanes of busy speeding traffic to get off the freeway. Without that guy, I might be "squish, just like grape".

Trin: Thanks for the b-day wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Name: Pete
Home: Columbus, Ohio, United States
See my complete profile






Who links to me?